• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Section planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwolft

Hello all new here so after whatever advice necessary going for a job as a section planner at network rail and I’m wondering if this is a safety critical role that requires a drug test, I don’t take any drugs but have sat in the room with people smoking cannabis.
so I’m wondering if you need testing for this role and how soon after the interview would this be if atall

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hello all new here so after whatever advice necessary going for a job as a section planner at network rail and I’m wondering if this is a safety critical role that requires a drug test, I don’t take any drugs but have sat in the room with people smoking cannabis.
so I’m wondering if you need testing for this role and how soon after the interview would this be if atall

many thanks

All roles are subject to random drug testing

Bwolft

Thankyou how soon is this after the interview (being your successful)

LOM

As soon as a medical can be booked, it could be days or weeks. At the moment NR are giving priority to new hires so it should be pretty quick. I am guessing you probably would prefer it to be weeks... if you do get a job in the rail industry then you might need to have a bit of a think about who you are hanging out with.

donpoku

As soon as a medical can be booked, it could be days or weeks. At the moment NR are giving priority to new hires so it should be pretty quick. I am guessing you probably would prefer it to be weeks... if you do get a job in the rail industry then you might need to have a bit of a think about who you are hanging out with.
Haha! This crack me up, 'sitting in room with people who smoke cannabis'.

nar777

Hello,

All new here. I hope you are all well. I have an interview coming up for a section planner role. I have been asked to prepare a database presentation and I was wondering if any one has any experience of how to go about it. What are the key points I should take into consideration. Also what are the typical questions asked by the interviewer for this role. I am new to this industry and I have no background in railway industry. Any little advice will go a long way to help.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.