• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Select Service Partner - Unfair Monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

If SSP or their staff think that any of the above is even vaguely accurate, they must have a even worse relationship with the truth than our current Prime Minister.

At best you could rate them as "acceptable". "Good enough" or "better than the alternative [of a vending machine / draughty platform bench]" are other ways to describe their offering. For myself, and I suspect the majority of their customers, the only reason I use SSP outlets is because of the convenience factor, and I'm well aware I'm paying a premium for that - not the quality of their products or staff.
It depends on the branch. We have some rubbish ones on our patch, but by the same token some are good. 1 of the pumpkins on our patch is lovely, glass cube so you get a good view, heated and air conditioned, decent enough food, nice seating and very pleasent staff. Unfortunately with SSP there is no standard across the business though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.