• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Senior Conductor - EMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB31994

Hi all, I’ll finally start training to be a Senior Conductor in January, having been in the Talent Pool for the last 18 months!

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me what routes I’ll be expected to work once qualified. I have a rough idea but not sure for definite. I’ll be based at Derby.

Any other hints, tips and advice would also be welcome!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Derby has the most routes having to do pretty much all the local runs - so that’s Crewe, Sheffield to Liverpool via hope valley, Matlock to Notts, Lincoln, Notts to Leicester, Peterborough, Newark, Norwich... I’m not sure if they work the Lincoln to Grimsby but pretty sure they work the Skegness line but maybe wrong at that as well

I work mainline so although I’m pretty sure this info is correct don’t shoot me if it isn’t

It’s a good depot, and some great scenery on some of those routes! Enjoy!

LowLevel

Established Member
Derby has the most routes having to do pretty much all the local runs - so that’s Crewe, Sheffield to Liverpool via hope valley, Matlock to Notts, Lincoln, Notts to Leicester, Peterborough, Newark, Norwich... I’m not sure if they work the Lincoln to Grimsby but pretty sure they work the Skegness line but maybe wrong at that as well

I work mainline so although I’m pretty sure this info is correct don’t shoot me if it isn’t

It’s a good depot, and some great scenery on some of those routes! Enjoy!

You've just described Nottingham Regional, rather than Derby, more or less (Nottingham cover all Regional routes except Lincoln to Cleethorpes and Doncaster). Derby don't work east of Nottingham.

Derby Regional routes:

Derby to Crewe
Nottingham to Matlock
Nottingham to Worksop
Nottingham to Leicester
Nottingham to Liverpool

Basic traction is 153 (to be withdrawn at some point soonish so not sure when they're stopping training people on them), 156, 158 and 170.

Busyboy89

Hi all, I’ll finally start training to be a Senior Conductor in January, having been in the Talent Pool for the last 18 months!

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me what routes I’ll be expected to work once qualified. I have a rough idea but not sure for definite. I’ll be based at Derby.

Any other hints, tips and advice would also be welcome!

Thanks
Good luck with the training Buddy, i was a guard for EMR at Lincoln great job great people, I really enjoyed the training and the job, Might see you hanging about the Acadamy as I’m there till end of January :)

Status
Not open for further replies.