• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Senior Railcard And Oyster Card Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncanp

Established Member
In a few weeks time I will be making my first trip to London since becoming eligible for a Senior Railcard in April.

I know I can get the staff at the tube station to add a discount on to my Oyster card so that I can get discounted off peak pay as you go fares.

Does anyone know if this discount is time limited to two weeks like the young visitors discount, or does it last for the duration of the Senior Railcard?

And is the overall cap still the same as if you didn't have the discount applied to your card?

Thanks..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
In a few weeks time I will be making my first trip to London since becoming eligible for a Senior Railcard in April.

I know I can get the staff at the tube station to add a discount on to my Oyster card so that I can get discounted off peak pay as you go fares.

Does anyone know if this discount is time limited to two weeks like the young visitors discount, or does it last for the duration of the Senior Railcard?

And is the overall cap still the same as if you didn't have the discount applied to your card?

Thanks..
It will last until your railcard’s printed expiry date.

They can set a date up to 3 years in the future, so the only slight problem people sometimes report is when a newly issued railcard is printed with an expiry date a few days past the 3 year point. (To allow for postal delays.)

crosscity

Thanks..
The expiry date of the Railcard is recorded as part of the process, and the discount will last until then.

duncanp

Established Member
It will last until your railcard’s printed expiry date.

They can set a date up to 3 years in the future, so the only slight problem people sometimes report is when a newly issued railcard is printed with an expiry date a few days past the 3 year point. (To allow for postal delays.)

Thank you.

My railcard expires on 30th April 2026, so I should be OK as far as that issue goes.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The off-peak cap is discounted, the Anytime cap is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.