• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sent on Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Now as you know the Wimbledon branch of LUL is owned by 'Never Reliable' and Southwest trains ECS use it to and from Wimbledon Park Depot.

Now let us see what you would do if you were the driver of an SWT train to Waterloo via Point Pleasant and were given, and accepted, the wrong route at East Putney and consequently wound up in the District Line platform?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Err... the Wimbledon branch is owned by LUL but maintenance is performed by NR.

The standard procedure as far as I am aware for the situation where a SWT unit arrives in East Putney is to terminate the train and then reverse at the station.

H

HR2

Tom said:
Err... the Wimbledon branch is owned by LUL but maintenance is performed by NR.

The standard procedure as far as I am aware for the situation where a SWT unit arrives in East Putney is to terminate the train and then reverse at the station.

That is correct. However many years ago I once saw a Southern 4EPB actually stuck on the dead section on Putney Bridge. Seems the driver was new and it was not until the guard realised they were wrong road and pulled him down that he stopped. As I say right on the dead section on the actual bridge over the river. Took over an hour to get him back to his own territory with the use of long leads and stuff. In the meantime we and several other District crews had a beano making tea and generally relaxing until it was sorted as we were trapped at stations south of East Putney

Status
Not open for further replies.