• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Serco, Edinburgh Waverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltire

Hi folks, Serco currently have a vacancy for a shunter in Edinburgh dealing with the sleeper service. Now I'm quite clear about the role of the shunter and what is expected of the successful candidate but I have very limited knowledge of Serco as a TOC. Does anyone on here already work for them? If so comments please......... (even through pm, if you dont want to be public).
Another thing, there is no salary listed on the ad but they do ask you for salary expectation - I put £27-30K is that in the ball park?
Thanks in anticipation
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wow - the silence is deafening!
I'm guessing that means Serco aren't a large enough railway concern for any of you fine forum members to be employed by them, or their working conditions are so good you don't want to share the good fortune ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotraildriver

Established Member
When the shunters were employed by Scotrail it was classed as a station grade as they also worked as dispatchers on about 23k. Don't know what they get under Serco. If I see any of them I'll ask how they are doing.

Saltire

When the shunters were employed by Scotrail it was classed as a station grade as they also worked as dispatchers on about 23k. Don't know what they get under Serco. If I see any of them I'll ask how they are doing.

Thanks Scotraildriver, in the job description it does detail train dispatch as one of the duties of the shunter, so you're spot on there. No details of salary on the advert but hoping for a wee bit more than £23k
Thanks for the feedback and if you get any more info it will be appreciated

scotraildriver

Established Member
I would think the dispatch element is only the sleeper now, where before they had a dayshift week dispatching everything at the East End.

Status
Not open for further replies.