• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SET removing litter bins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
After yesterdays events, SET have already begun removing litter bins from all their stock.
I wonder if other TOC's will follow this idea

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
I think this is a rather drastic idea but is a good plan however there are some drawbacks. For examplw with no litter bins the trains will get dirtier much easier because everyone will leave their rubbish.

Met Driver

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
Looks like the terrorists are winning............

I disagree. Surely removing bins will make it harder for terrorists to plant devices on trains without looking suspicious? I don't think they're winning at all.

Simming

Na, not really. Its Just precautions incase the buggers do it again. for them to win there would be more drastic changes, like evacuation london etc

jonb

Established Member
Think of all the small places they could put a bomb in a train though. Behind the seats, in the toilets, between the carriages. As stated on the news our public transport system is an easy target.

Simming

yea, but isn't every country? unless the train is made like Brio, there is loads of places to hide bombs unfourtunatly[/code]

Met Driver

Established Member
jonb said:
Think of all the small places they could put a bomb in a train though. Behind the seats, in the toilets, between the carriages. As stated on the news our public transport system is an easy target.

Agreed, but surely an attempt at planting a device behind a seat, or in the gangway connection, for example, would draw attention to the terrorist? On the other hand, a toilet is probably the easiest place to plant a device.

Status
Not open for further replies.