• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shap Summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Superb bit of line, although steam isn't my thing, cruising to the summit with an 87 and Mk3 set is more like it:!: Did it post-Hatfield with a 40TSR Tebay to Shap and then a 20TSR from Shap to Penrith, got a very good look at the scenery!!!
Prefer Beattock personally though.

A run which i'd love to be doing on a semi-regular basis again (couldn't afford to do it too often!) if only the trains were any good.... :cry:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I never know when I'm going up or down Shap...! Usually go up or down it on one of the sleepers or a 390. Due to go up there on Friday, hopefully I'll actually tell when we hit it this time!

Established Member
Its a nice place on the WCML but this is the wrong place to ask about it mate use the GD (general Discussion) page lol this is for tours and special workings:razz:

Fred

Tom B

Established Member
Woah!

Since this appears to be a thread about tours etc, there's nothing wrong with posting that here.

Fred - do not act as a back seat moderator.

Thankyou.

Established Member
Woah!

Since this appears to be a thread about tours etc, there's nothing wrong with posting that here.

Fred - do not act as a back seat moderator.

Thankyou.
Tom why has my post count gone to 0 and now I cant even do PM? Can you put it to 567 like it was before:) ? Ta Fred:D
Thanks for helping me there friend.I' dont know what I would have done without you.:oTHANKS!!

Wo I feel like ive done somthing wrong , me and fredmaster always get the blame for things , I'm just trying to tell you about the forum because you have only just joined on the 17th just guiding you around. .:(Im sorry if I offended you in anyway sorry mate.

Fred

mbonwick

Established Member
My opinion about Shap?
Beautiful place, very close to where I live, great views.

Not so nice in winter, particularly the 50/60 (before the building of the M6)when lorry drivers could be stuck for days in the snow!

Tommynody

Well sorry but I just dont think diesels belong up there.

STEAMRULES
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
:|
Its a nice place on the WCML but this is the wrong place to ask about it mate use the GD (general Discussion) page lol this is for tours and special workings:razz:

Fred

you did not affend me in any ways.just made me fell like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.