• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shed drivers at nx

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapz

http://www.nationalexpresseastangli...hester_clacton_and_norwich_reference_no_jc163

Ive been on the railway 12 years now and never heard of this as a grade prob because we are a bit isolated here :-P

These jobs were always for green carded men and never really a grade as such

Can anyone explain how the promotion works to mainline driver and if the figures stated are training rates or the full whack (as i dont think i could move away and take a pay cut )

im intrested becuase if i do not land the driving job here i will be looking to move away to gain my key .

Any advice would be great

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Depot Drivers at those locations are responsible for the remarshalling, preparation, washing and other Depot or Carriage Siding related work. Very few green card drivers left, most are new drivers, off the streets, looking to be big tough railwaymen. Me included. Rates of pay are the basic ones, Sundays & Rest Day Working can easily bring it up to £26k, higher rates possible if you manage to work all your rest days and others Sundays. Promotion to Main-Line is on a seniority basis (deadman's shoes). Currently at my location, Southend Vic, anything up to 10 years in the Depot before going mainline.

If you want anymore information, happy to help.

Company, as in NXEA. We have an ex-mainliner from c2c (NX owned, remember) who is in the list behind others who joined NXEA before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.