• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield - Rotheram Train-Trams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunbird24

One of the new train-trams was out on the test track at Albuixech last month (August).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...918.1073741880.1192973669&type=1&l=998afa1050
I notice that the doors are at virtually ground level, does this mean that it will not stop at normal stations on the heavy-rail network in the UK or are some stations being modified in the same way that some on Mallorca have been with low-floor platforms at one end of the standard platforms?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
One of the new train-trams was out on the test track at Albuixech last month (August).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...918.1073741880.1192973669&type=1&l=998afa1050
I notice that the doors are at virtually ground level, does this mean that it will not stop at normal stations on the heavy-rail network in the UK or are some stations being modified in the same way that some on Mallorca have been with low-floor platforms at one end of the standard platforms?

They're being modified.

The new trams look good, I like how they resemble the existing fleet while still looking much more modern.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Rotherham Central is the only station where both trains and tram-trains will stop on the same track. I haven't been there recently but I believe low platforms are being added at the opposite end of the existing platforms from the station entrance. The other station on the share section, Parkgate, has a dead-end track with a platform for terminating trams but trains don't call there.

Haydn1971

Established Member
Rotherham Central is the only station where both trains and tram-trains will stop on the same track. I haven't been there recently but I believe low platforms are being added at the opposite end of the existing platforms from the station entrance. The other station on the share section, Parkgate, has a dead-end track with a platform for terminating trams but trains don't call there.

That is my understanding too

Status
Not open for further replies.