• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shipley to Manchester during Stalybridge Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

I just want to check that the booking engines are correct. On the 31st October my mum wants to travel from Shipley to Manchester Stations. There are two fares for a day return: One via Hebden Bridge, and the other Any Permitted. Usually, via Hebden bridge is for the slower and cheaper train, while Any Permitted allows you to take the faster TPE.

So, as the TPE services are all diverted via Hebden Bridge on the 31st due to the Stalybridge engineering works, can she use the cheaper via Hebden Bridge ticket on a fast TPE service between Leeds and Manchester Victoria? I won't be travelling with her, so won't be there to argue her case if this actually isn't valid (even though the booking engines say it is) and the guard doesn't allow it.

Technically, she will be travelling via Hebden Bridge (even though the train doesn't stop there) so surely it is valid yes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
I find it incredible to think a train guard would try and convince the passenger the train is not going via Hebden Bridge, only to see the running-in boards pass the window some time later.

That said, certain Virgin staff claimed Birmingham (and other origins) - London via High Wycombe tickets were not valid on their services diverted due to engineering works down the Chiltern Main Line. This problem mainly existed in their dodgy West Midlands booking offices but I believe a guard also took issue with its totally proper use.

Status
Not open for further replies.