• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shotts line disruption (mail train defect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to engineering works at Carstairs, WCML trains to and from Glasgow are reversing at Midcalder Jn to work between Glasgow and Carlisle.
I'm on 1M17 heading south, and have been told the delay (long slow crawl under signals) is due to a problem with the mail train in front - first announced as a loss of power, then as a problem with brakes. Looking on RTT, I'm guessing it's 1M44, which passed us as we waited our turn to reverse. Seemed to be formed of three class 325 units coupled (which seems a lot).

I notice that RTT says "Service loses and gains coaches here" about the reversal - does this service actually split or join at Midcalder Jn (which seems to be in the middle of nowhere) or is this an artefact of some sort?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
All seems to be running again and 1M44 regularly loads to 3 units (12 coaches) but the attach/detach note will be an error glitch.

zwk500

Veteran Member
I notice that RTT says "Service loses and gains coaches here" about the reversal - does this service actually split or join at Midcalder Jn (which seems to be in the middle of nowhere) or is this an artefact of some sort?
Data Error, somebody forgot the Star again!

Stampy

Looking on RTT, I'm guessing it's 1M44, which passed us as we waited our turn to reverse. Seemed to be formed of three class 325 units coupled (which seems a lot).

Looking at the train, that's about right as that could be "test mail" for Royal Mail's new "all singing and dancing" rail-fed hub at DiRFT (via Warrington, in this trains case).

We've been told in OUR Mail Centre that we're losing 85% of our parcels to this hub in October.

Waiting at Warrington Bank Quay for connection to Chester around 2000, 1A97 Warrington to Wilsden came through also as 12 coaches, 30 minutes late - don't know if this is the same stock as the earlier service.

Status
Not open for further replies.