• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Showers at Penzance station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auden Hoggart

Has anyone used the new showers for Night Riviera passengers at Penzance station? I'm particularly interested in whether there's any place to store luggage while taking a shower. My wife and I will both be arriving on the overnight train from Paddington. Will it be necessary for one of us to stay with our luggage while the other one takes a shower, or is there a safe way to store our luggage while we both take showers at the same time.

I've seen the Geoff Marshall video which shows shower stalls, but that's all it shows.

Anything else we should know? Are soap and towels available or would we need to plan to have our own?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Has anyone used the new showers for Night Riviera passengers at Penzance station? I'm particularly interested in whether there's any place to store luggage while taking a shower. My wife and I will both be arriving on the overnight train from Paddington. Will it be necessary for one of us to stay with our luggage while the other one takes a shower, or is there a safe way to store our luggage while we both take showers at the same time.

I've seen the Geoff Marshall video which shows shower stalls, but that's all it shows.

Anything else we should know? Are soap and towels available or would we need to plan to have our own?

Thanks!
So the suite itself has more than enough room for luggage. You can just place it on the floor, easy!

Soap and towels are all available in the suites as well, for free.

Be sure to reserve your place in advance though, if you're travelling during a busy period, the queues may be long, and they could even be fully booked.

Auden Hoggart

Do you mean reserving space on the train, which we've already done? Or is there a procedure for reserving the showers for use on arrival at Penzance?

Clayton

On Moderation
Sounds a bit of a faff! Best wait till you get to your hotel or destination

Auden Hoggart

You might be interested to know that I've also queried GWR about this and after a bit of back and forth they've emailed me back denying that there are any showers at Penzance. I'm responding with a link to their own website showing that showers are available, as well as to the Geoff Marshall video showing them (at about 11:50 of this video.)

So I'm still trying to find out whether reservations are required (I don't think so) and whether there are luggage storage facilities. If not, then I think my wife and I would need to take showers serially while the other stayed with our luggage (I have no clue about this one.)

Thanks again!

JB_B

Established Member
We used the showers (and lounge) at Penzance coming off the sleeper last month ( very welcome as our rooms weren't available until the afternoon.)

I'd had no idea they existed but the on-train staff suggested we might like to book them. (As it turned out, our booking wasn't transmitted to PNZ but there was no problem using them.) AFAICT there are 3 shower units so they might get a bit overwhelmed if loads of people needed them.

Very spacious and clean - plenty of space on the dry-side for luggage ( although I'm sure the host would have have kept an eye on any lugguage anyway.)

We were really impressed.

JB_B

Established Member
I'd ask the customer host on the train ( I don't know if it's possible to book further in advance - it might be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.