• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sidcup to London Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdwarr

I have a colleague who is currently doing this every day via Oyster PAYG. I advised that a Season from Sidcup to London Terminals would save a bit of money (about £3 per day) but I also noticed that the Season from Sidcup to West Hampstead Thameslink is even cheaper.
Is the latter ticket valid via LBG (assuming a walk to Blackfriars) or is it limited to a particular route? Or is there an even cheaper way of doing this which I've missed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
I have a colleague who is currently doing this every day via Oyster PAYG. I advised that a Season from Sidcup to London Terminals would save a bit of money (about £3 per day) but I also noticed that the Season from Sidcup to West Hampstead Thameslink is even cheaper.
Is the latter ticket valid via LBG (assuming a walk to Blackfriars) or is it limited to a particular route? Or is there an even cheaper way of doing this which I've missed?

Sorry I don't understand the "walk to Blackfriars" bit. There are direct trains from London Bridge to Blackfriars (and onwards via West Hampstead)

rdwarr

Sorry I don't understand the "walk to Blackfriars" bit. There are direct trains from London Bridge to Blackfriars (and onwards via West Hampstead)

Of course! Sorry I was forgetting it was on Thameslink :oops:. So fine to use a Sidcup to West Hampstead season just for Sidcup to London Bridge?

PermitToTravel

Established Member
Definitely for now. It is not clear what the situation will be when Thameslink temporarily stops going via London Bridge (from late 2014 to 2018, I believe)

island

Veteran Member
Depends on what non-work journeys he might be wanting to make. The ticket from Sidcup can be issued as AAA Bicky/Chshst which provides an awful lot of validity :)

CatfordCat

Last time I looked, the FCC service between Blackfriars and London Bridge was quite limited during the morning peak, so suppose the walk to Blackfriars might be valid (although wouldn't it be a shorter walk from Waterloo East?)

I don't understand how the season ticket Sidcup - W Hampstead can be less than the season to London terminals, since 'London Terminals' won't allow travel to stations north of City Thameslink.

Is this a mistake?

Or is there a hidden complication, like only being valid via New Cross and then London Overground?

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The Sidcup - W Hampstead ticket is routed "NOT UNDERGROUND", but is certainly valid to board/alight at any intermediate station. Might be "interesting" at Farringdon however.

island

Veteran Member
Sidcup to W Hampstead Stns is probably not intended to be valid at Waterloo, Charing Cross, Victoria, Cannon Street, or Vauxhall, whereas to London Terminals is.

[Whether or not members can contrive circumstances in which it is valid at one or more of those places is left to another thread.]
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Definitely for now. It is not clear what the situation will be when Thameslink temporarily stops going via London Bridge (from late 2014 to 2018, I believe)

The ticket would remain valid changing at Lewisham and Denmark Hill I suppose.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The Sidcup - W Hampstead ticket is routed "NOT UNDERGROUND", but is certainly valid to board/alight at any intermediate station. Might be "interesting" at Farringdon however.

I've been denied entry at Farringdon on a route: NOT UNDERGROUND season ticket before by both LU and FCC staff, who admitted my ticket was valid through the Thameslink core on FCC, but as Farringdon was is managed by LU, claimed BoJ on season tickets didn't apply there... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.