• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbon 1

Been browsing the Dorman catalogue here, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the prices of the signals and their accessories.

Cheers,
Matt

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
When re-signalling or doing any alterations, everything is considered in SEUs (Signalling equivalent units, items controlled by the interlocking such as point ends, signals, ground frame etc...) and the cost normally assumed is £250K for each one.

A-driver

Established Member
A network rail guy once told me that he was looking into ordering a CD/RA repeater unit for a station that drivers have had difficulty seeing the current one in sunlight and the unit cost without factoring in installation was over 7K.

I offered to build them a light with a cd/RA stencil in it for 6K but he didn't seem too interested in my offer!

CarltonA

The Hornby catalogue might have some cheaper stuff though I expect there would be sighting issues on NR lines.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
A network rail guy once told me that he was looking into ordering a CD/RA repeater unit for a station that drivers have had difficulty seeing the current one in sunlight and the unit cost without factoring in installation was over 7K.

I offered to build them a light with a cd/RA stencil in it for 6K but he didn't seem too interested in my offer!

Now if you'd told me I'd have offered 5.9 K. Bargain for an electric light bulb with a stencil ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.