• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal symbols on forum opening page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

As I go on the forum regularly, I always go to new posts and catch up on what I may have missed since my last visit.

As this is a very active forum, to keep the number of new posts down, I double click on the signal symbol on the opening page of the subjects I am not interested in to change it from an 'up' position to a 'down' position, that way the topics I am not interested in (i.e. Railway Jobs & Careers) are not shown in new posts.

Sometimes however I double click the wrong one, but once I have done so I cannot get it to go back up.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do so? Is there something I am missing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I wouldn't have thought it would be easily possible to un-mark a forum as read. I guess it's done by cookies perhaps?

PermitToTravel

Established Member
It shouldn't have anything to do with cookies, it'll be stored in the database

It is not possible unfortunately to mark things as unread

Crossover

Established Member
Aye, I would also suggest it is a database thing - you'll find the "read" status is carried over to whatever device you sign in from.

For guests it may be cookie controlled, partially

Status
Not open for further replies.