• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

signaller application-application reassigned to new vacancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb1975

I've recently applied for a grade 2 signaller job at norton west i have not worked for network rail before so the process is all new to me.I made it through the first assessment and then attended the second at Manchester a couple of months ago which i passed.I then had interview last month which i think went ok.

I been keeping a eye on my job application status every day and last week it changed to assessment 2 completed and a day later it changed to application reassigned to new vacancy and also another vacancy has appeared in the next signal box norton south saying same thing-application reassigned to new vacancy.
Eager to know what it means i rang them up and was told i had the job for norton west and once HR processes it i will receive my contract and get things moving which i thought great news.
Got email three days later saying application unssucessful which put a bit of a downer on my good news straight away logged into my application and still says application reassigned on norton south now not so sure i have job offer goin to ring them when back open and just wondering if anyone has had this on a application and do i still have job offer.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lddex

Same thing happened to me.

My vacancy got reassigned to a new position. Therefore in the HR system it saw me as being unsuccessful for the original position even thou I had been successful and for whatever management/budget/line reason they needed to shift my vacancy I applied for to another IRC number, which in HR computer terms saw me as being successful for the new post or unsuccessful for the original post with the old IRC number that I had originally applied. So it still sent out the email - if that makes sense.

What does your account say. Does it still say you have a job, waiting for Contract etc... No harm in giving them HR another ring or even the LOM or MOM who interviewed you. Its what I did.

chrisb1975

Cheers Lddex for reply it makes sense
my account says on original position application unsuccessful and on new position which i have not applied for its just popped up on application it has a different IRC number and different signal box says application reassigned to new vacancy dosen't say anything about contracts etc.
probably reading to much into this but rang last tuesday said i had job but bit of a hold on recruitment once it goes through HR should get call and then contracts sent out for me to fill in,Got off phone chuffed to bits on a high
I then check my emails late friday and get the dreaded unsuccessful email which has brought me back down to earth you know just my luck as it was to late to ring its been playing on mind over weekend so now unsure.
Intend to ring first thing monday to put mind at rest,Did you get original position you applied for when you rang back.

Lddex

Nah. The org position said unsuccessful and reassigned. The new IRC number had Assessment 2 successful or completed, something like that. 2 weeks later I got an email from New Hires with the formal invite to accept offer letter.

I was told the only person who could withdraw the offer is the line manager. So as long as the LOM or MOM who interviewed you told you you had been successful (or they have told HR) you should be fine. Speaking to others - HR seem to handle thing differently for a number of reasons so my situation might have been different from yours.

Good Luck. Hope its good news

samlf

I have also had similar happen this week.
Currently awaiting an interview for one signalling vacancy, but when I logged into the careers portal Friday it was showing another IRC number below the one I'd applied for.

Both were showing as 'awaiting assessment 2' though, and the second one says it was based somewhere else (not far from the original role, though), so I'm wondering if it's to do with relocation.

I would call HR to ask but when I called them this week to follow up on a conversation I had with them a fortnight ago they weren't able to help much.

pdbaggett

Hi bud I'm from that area and was speaking to your manager (lom) the other day and he said he has filled the positions for Norton so you will be fine. Happened to me when I applied application got reassigned to another vacancy don't worry. Do keep ringing hr up as it takes a looooong time to get your start date for signalling school. Random question do you have ear plugs/piercings reason for asking is I have large ear plugs and your manager said he just took someone on for his area with plugs in haha.

chrisb1975

cheers for reply pdbaggett probably just over thinking it i think but i do think its good news i rang HR and didnt really get any information off them i was just told i have to wait and they will be in touch,dont mind the wait for signal school just need to know i have been successful for the job.I ve noticed the recruitment takes a very long time it must be 6 months ago i applied which can be frustrating at time but hopefully worth the wait.as for random question i dont have any piercings but now you mention it the other person at assessment2 who applied for same job as me did,to be honest wife and 4 kids could do with ear plugs sometimes lol.
cheers for help
Chris

gordonblack

Recently applied for a job and had an interview with network rail in December and recieved a phone call saying she was to contact me and offer me a job and they would be sending the email with more information. My online status changed that day to application reassigned to new vacancy and I have not heard anything back since anyone on this site know why that would be ?

Sabs5296

Things are usually painfully slow with Network Rail HR, my application was reassigned to new vacancy since December and I didn't get my letter of offer till 7th of February and I'm still waiting to get a start date, even though I've been informed that all my preemployment checks are complete. So the only thing I can say is be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.