• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller Application Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oompaloompa

Ladies and Gents
I've looked through the threads for an answer to this question but couldn't find an answer so I apologise if this has already been asked or covered.
My question relates to the signaller application process. I have applied for a few signaller positions and keep getting the "other applicants were identified as being a closer match to this role" email. I have taken the SJT on my first appication and have passed it. On my subsequent applications I have not taken the test again, so I'm assuming this test is valid for a specific time? However even though I passed it there is one question that has been bugging me that I probably would have answered slightly differently.
I take it the SJT results will be used on every application at the moment so is there any way of moving forwards from this to actually get a chance at the assessment centre or am I doomed to get the same email even though I passed the SJT?
Thanks
Brian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Canonite

Ladies and Gents
I've looked through the threads for an answer to this question but couldn't find an answer so I apologise if this has already been asked or covered.
My question relates to the signaller application process. I have applied for a few signaller positions and keep getting the "other applicants were identified as being a closer match to this role" email. I have taken the SJT on my first appication and have passed it. On my subsequent applications I have not taken the test again, so I'm assuming this test is valid for a specific time? However even though I passed it there is one question that has been bugging me that I probably would have answered slightly differently.
I take it the SJT results will be used on every application at the moment so is there any way of moving forwards from this to actually get a chance at the assessment centre or am I doomed to get the same email even though I passed the SJT?
Thanks
Brian

If your results were good enough you'll get through. But it all depends how many applied and how ruthless they are with the sift

jimmyvonk

To quote from the FAQ on connect
"The SJT result is valid for 12 months so if you have already undertaken the
assessment for a previous vacancy the system will recognise this and simply
carry your result through."

If you are not happy with your performance, could be worth contacting HR to see if you can retake - not sure if possible but worth a phone call - otherwise it looks to be wait a year... :(

Lddex

It really all depends on who else is applying and their SJT scores mate. Its all done with Percentiles as well.

I applied for several jobs all at the same time (as I wasn't about relocating) some I got a thanks but no thanks other saw me through to the assessment and interview stage.

All I can say is if it is a job you really want then keep applying. I've just finished training school and I started the process about this time last year - got some knock backs early on but I kept applying and bingo.

Oompaloompa

I'll keep applying as the vacancies come up and see how it goes then. If I keep getting knocked back I'll make enquiries about retaking the SJT if only to reanswer that question thats been nagging me!:) Thanks for the advice and info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.