• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling Operative Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCross93

Hi everyone,

I've recently applied for an signalling maintenance job for network rail and have an interview shortly. I was just wondering if people think this is a good career move? I have done a 4 year apprenticeship in the construction industry and don't really enjoy it. I have always wanted to move into signalling/EandP and see this is the perfect opportunity.

I was just wondering if anyone sees this as a step in the right direction?

Cheers!

GC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
With the considerable changes already taking place to resignal the British rail network, and the lengthy timescale involved, I would think it an excellent choice! A number of railway journals have indicated there is a significant shortage of signalling designers/installers/maintainers at present. Good luck!

GCross93

With the considerable changes already taking place to resignal the British rail network, and the lengthy timescale involved, I would think it an excellent choice! A number of railway journals have indicated there is a significant shortage of signalling designers/installers/maintainers at present. Good luck!

Thanks a lot mate. My thoughts exactly, there is so much time to develop etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.