• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Validation

Hi Folks,

Quick Q for anyone in the know.. For signalling school, is it correct that you are back up to York by Sunday evening? How does it work with them supplying rail travel etc?

Just I have an event I'd like to attend a sporting event in London on a Sunday afternoon next month, so wanting to plan ahead and give myself plenty of time to get back to York on the Sunday evening.

Also, if anybody is starting on October the 10th, see you there! :D

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Most people are back Sunday night most of the time, but coming up Monday morning isn't unheard of. Your LOM generally books your travel a few weeks in advance, so talk to them :). Just so long as you can be in York by ten on Monday morning. It's also worth noting the last London-York train is at 21:00 on Sunday nights, which might be easier, depending

Tomnick

Established Member
I usually travelled north on a late train on Sunday evening, but (not being too far away) had the option of an early start on Monday. All that matters really is that you're there for the start time (1000?) on Monday morning and that whoever's sorting your travel and hotels knows about your plans. When I was doing it (over four years ago now), I was issued with a warrant each week to sort my own tickets out, which made things more flexible (but the warrant still had to be dated correctly!).

nom de guerre

You're also entitled to claim for travel time to/from school - however much your LOM might pretend otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.