• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Signalling] Woking PSB / ASC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Greetings all,

I have a diagram showing the layout of Panels 1 and 2 of the Woking Signalling Area. However the plan does not show which parts are worked by Panel 1 and which parts are worked by Panel 2. Given the picture I have I presume the following to be correct:

- Panel 1: Wimbledon fringe (just near Berrylands) to Cobham & Stoke D'Abernon, Hampton Court and Walton-on-Thames with the boundary onto Panel 2 being immediately after Walton-on-Thames.

- Panel 2: just after Walton-on-Thames through Weybridge and Woking to Brookwood, as well as the line to Chertset, Pirbright Junction and the Basingstoke fringe.

Anyone know if my assumptions are correct? If not, what are the correct boundaries?

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dunfanaghy Rd

From memory (it's been a few years since I went up there) Panels 1 & 2 are worked as one. From the P(eriodic) O(perating) N(otice) for Dec 2020:
Woking
-West Byfleet (incl) to Farnborough
(excl), Woking Jn to Worplesdon and
Pirbright Jn to Ash Vale (excl)
(phone no. given)
Berrylands to West Byfleet (excl),
Chertsey (excl) to Weybridge and
Addlestone Jn to Byfleet Jn
Hampton Court Jn to Hampton Court/
Cobham
(phone no. given)
Woking Panel 3
Ash Vale to Alton
Aldershot South Junction (excl)
Ash Vale to Frimley
(phone no. given)
I think the Panel1 & 2 split can be seen from the division of the 2 phone nos.
Pat

DaveHarries

Established Member
Division point is the M25 bridge at Byfleet
Thanks but that rather confuses me. Someone else has told me that the dividing point is, if you are coming from Weybridge, the last signals before West Byfleet (159/361). Thinking about it though I can't see 157/359 being a dividing point when you would have to set the route over that crossover right after those signals.:s

Dave

Last edited:

TSG

Thanks but that rather confuses me. Someone else has told me that the dividing point is, if you are coming from Weybridge, the last signals before West Byfleet (159/361). Thinking about it though I can't see 157/359 being a dividing point when you would have to set the route over that crossover right after those signals.:s

Dave
Not sure if that's right or not off the top of my head but it wouldn't be a problem. The signallers are within feet and can talk to each other should the need arise. Both signallers can easily see the indication panel at the back so they can see what's happening from Chertsey. I think the vast majority of trains go either straight down the slow or straight down the fast. I believe its only the occasional freight train that uses the crossover as it leaves the curve from Addlestone junction. Effectively Hampton Court Junction to the Woking 'outer home' signals is an auto section 99% of the time. Similar situation on the up lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.