• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signals/Aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

gage75

was passing through Ealing Broadway an saw on the LUL District Line 4aspect showing green and single yellow heading away from EB, also on the Central line 3aspect showing a white (single) also heading away from EB

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavyCrocket

was passing through Ealing Broadway an saw on the LUL District Line 4aspect showing green and single yellow heading away from EB, also on the Central line 3aspect showing a white (single) also heading away from EB

The four aspect is actually a stop signal (green and red) and a repeater (green and yellow) on the same signal head.

I think White on the Central means proceed in Coded Manual only.

es373

The four aspect is actually a stop signal (green and red) and a repeater (green and yellow) on the same signal head.

I think White on the Central means proceed in Coded Manual only.

This is on the right lines.

Green with yellow repeater - proceed but section ahead is occupied (therefor stick protecting that section will be at red)

White aspect on central line - target speed other than stop so trains working in coded manual or ATO may proceed.

DavyCrocket

This is on the right lines.

Green with yellow repeater - proceed but section ahead is occupied (therefor stick protecting that section will be at red)

Not quite.

It is simply two signals. Say A456 and then R458.

Off the top of my head the signal that the OP saw will only ever show a yellow on the repeater as the next signal is approach controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.