• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Silent Witness BBC1 23&24 January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

This week’s Silent Witness is centred on a storyline about a train crash. A blue Peak hauling a short rake of Mk1s meets an accident.

Any ideas where it was filmed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I note that they sped up the film to make it look like the train was going faster than 25mph. What I dont really understand is why that seemed so unnatural yet if it was doing 75mph and the film was running at normal speed it would have made sense to the eye.

Is it just cheap special effects?

Towers

Established Member
Having watched some of the recent episodes of SW, I'm inclined to ask if these were any less ludicrous than usual? It really seems to have gone massively downhill in recent years!

ilkestonian

Having watched some of the recent episodes of SW, I'm inclined to ask if these were any less ludicrous than usual? It really seems to have gone massively downhill in recent years!
Its complete rubbish IMHO. It seems to me that the pathologists or whatever they are supposed to be have turned into crime fighting superheroes who barely need the inconvenience of working alongside the police to solve the crimes and apprehend the offenders...

Bertone

The level crossing location, according to other forums / Facebook, is on the Chinnor and Princes Risborough railway.

M&NEJ

I note that they sped up the film to make it look like the train was going faster than 25mph. What I dont really understand is why that seemed so unnatural yet if it was doing 75mph and the film was running at normal speed it would have made sense to the eye.
I saw this and had the same thought. Why did it look like a sped-up film? Is it in the subtler aspects of vehicle motion such as rolling or pitching at the wrong rate for the implied forward speed? I don't know! Anyone got any ideas?

ilkestonian

I saw this and had the same thought. Why did it look like a sped-up film? Is it in the subtler aspects of vehicle motion such as rolling or pitching at the wrong rate for the implied forward speed? I don't know! Anyone got any ideas?
My theory; nothing more than the usual limit on preserved lines is 25mph* and that appeared quite a bit faster.

*Though there can be exceptions on some lines when the line isn't open to passengers, so maybe it wasn't sped up?

Status
Not open for further replies.