• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Silliest EU Referendum questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelayRepay

Established Member
"Will we still be allowed to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest?"

And slightly on-topic for this forum, "If we leave the EU, will the Channel Tunnel be bricked up"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
I've got 100%! :oops::lol:

Only the second page and we've already reached Godwin's Law :lol:

As reached by Gove yesterday when he said Economists and experts not supporting leave were like Nazi's, I was like :lol:

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
If we leave the EU, will Antonio Conte start picking good players again? Such as Pirlo and Balotelli and Insigne and El Shaarawy?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If we leave the EU, can we take Raheem Sterling out of Europe?

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Unfortunately not a question, but I've seen/heard this a few times..... "So that means this is our last chance to win the Euros" [European Football Championship I understand]

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
"What's a referendum?"

Sadly, this was a real question, posed by a young lady in Knowsley, Liverpool, a couple of months ago on the BBC News. I've wondered since whether she ever found out and, if so, whether she voted - I have my suspicions that the answers to both are "maybe" and "probably not".

pemma

Veteran Member

infobleep

Veteran Member
Not a question as such but I was talking to a friend about whether they were going to vote.

They said they didn't care for politics and didn't like any of them, the politicians that is. They certainly weren't interested in watching anything about it on TV.

You can guess which they voted after making themselves so thoroughly informed of the issues at stake. In my opinion oops.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...
I saw on Facebook on Friday the following comment:

"If we're now not part of Europe, what continent are we in now?"

Thankfully, I saw it not because a friend posted it, but because one commented to correct at least two of the inaccurate points contained within!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Having seen that iconic film, Passport to Pimlico, my particular personal enclave in Cheshire East has now declared UDI and is part of Poland, but with the advantage that we now use the zloty once again, disguised as Bitcoins...:roll:

I am currently inundated with plumbers...:D

Harbornite

Established Member
Having seen that iconic film, Passport to Pimlico, my particular personal enclave in Cheshire East has now declared UDI and is part of Poland, but with the advantage that we now use the zloty once again, disguised as Bitcoins...:roll:

I am currently inundated with plumbers...:D

Does this mean you are the governer of the WielkoCheshire Voivodeship?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Does this mean you are the governer of the WielkoCheshire Voivodeship?

Because of my high status and mindful that the local podanny know their place, Latin is now spoken in high courtly circles and my response therefore is..

Maxime est et scito plebis in locum suum.

Sorry, must dash. Donald Tusk is on the telephone again....:D

Last edited:

Harbornite

Established Member
Because of my high status and mindful that the local podanny know their place, Latin is now spoken in high courtly circles and my response therefore is..

Maxime est et scito plebis in locum suum.

Sorry, must dash. Donald Tusk is on the telephone again....:D

The phrase in loco parentis springs to mind!

DynamicSpirit

Established Member

Isn't it going to be a bit of a hassle if we do eventually lose freedom of movement, and then you find you need to apply for a visa every time you want to pop out to the local shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.