• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Silverlink livery stock on National Express East Anglia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prod_pep

Established Member
FCC are currently refreshing the former LOROL 313s as one is currently in Doncaster to be refurbished with the other two at Hornsey being reliveried.

Are you sure about Doncaster?

I understand 313123 is at Wolverton for repainting, with 313122 and 313134 still at Hornsey. About six weeks ago 313134 was still clearly visible outside Hornsey, with its Silverlink livery and nameplate still intact.

313121 (the spare unit) is also at Wolverton. Further use with Southern is what I've heard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
I'm positive my source said Doncaster as it's there to be refurbished as no offence to the NLL but the 313s are in a appalling state so one of the three FCC allocated 313s are at Doncaster being refurbished to bring it more in line with the FCC's specification ie interior, driver's air con etc...with the two at Hornsey being reliveried there much like Hornsey reliveried the 365s back in 2007.

Wolverton wasn't even mentioned as far as I know so if any 313s are there, it's not to my knowledge.

prod_pep

Established Member
I'm positive my source said Doncaster as it's there to be refurbished as no offence to the NLL but the 313s are in a appalling state so one of the three FCC allocated 313s are at Doncaster being refurbished to bring it more in line with the FCC's specification ie interior, driver's air con etc...with the two at Hornsey being reliveried there much like Hornsey reliveried the 365s back in 2007.

Wolverton wasn't even mentioned as far as I know so if any 313s are there, it's not to my knowledge.

Weren't the 313/0s relivered at Hornsey as well?

313121 and 313123 are definitely at Wolverton (arrived 17/09/10) so I'm not sure where Doncaster fits in, unless one of the two at Hornsey has gone there. Can we expect one to emerge in FCC colours soon?

All of Southern's 313s are being refurbished at Doncaster, but this is the first I've heard about FCC's.

As for their condition, well, both internally and externally, it isn't too bad. Since LOROL took over from Silverlink, cleanliness massively improved. Mechanically, they may be shot, but LOROL deserve some credit for improving their state for passengers right up until the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.