• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SJ Norge Tickets

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Trying to work out the booking horizon for SJ Norge tickets.

I thought Norway was 60 days, checking SJ Norge it suggests 90 days but tickets for 54 days time are not yet available, basically tickets for March, the current cut off is 29th Feb.

Does anyone know the booking horizon? I am aware of timetable changes in December and June but not of any at this time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I imagine engineering works sometimes get in the way of the booking horizon.
I did think that but it appears no services are available unless they are waiting to confirm all engineering work...

With planned trips Oslo to Trondheim and Trondheim to Bodo I am hoping no major line closures appear.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
I did think that but it appears no services are available unless they are waiting to confirm all engineering work...

With planned trips Oslo to Trondheim and Trondheim to Bodo I am hoping no major line closures appear.

Oslo - Trondheim is possibly subject to a shorter booking horizon while work goes on to repair the bridge at Randklev. (I assume you are aware that in March you will still need to take the diversionary route from Oslo to Trondheim via the Rørosbanen.)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Oslo - Trondheim is possibly subject to a shorter booking horizon while work goes on to repair the bridge at Randklev. (I assume you are aware that in March you will still need to take the diversionary route from Oslo to Trondheim via the Rørosbanen.)
Yeah I suspected that too, but again all SJ Norge tickets seem to be the same.

Yes aware, I am just going to go the normal way, bus replacement is now only one station for 20 minutes. Aware it won't be fixed by then.