• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Nope, not yet anyway...It's too expensive at the moment for me, but I've got my dad hooked on the idea by pointing out that it could cut his fone bills in 1/2!

Will probably get that netgear one

V

Victorialine

Skype is an internet telephony service, user-user as well as user-telephone. User-user is free...

Daniel

Established Member
"Upgrade" to Skype? You can download Skype for free and phone other Skype users for free if yo use a computer... Skype In/Out is only for phoning mobiles and landlines.

mbonwick

Established Member
They only have dial-up, and don't use a computer that much.

(Just had a thought..could com in very useful for talking to my mates for the answers to my homework! Wouldn't have to get off when my dad wants the phone! :D)

Alekseys

Yeah, I use it. It's a little better than the MSN-messenger integrated thing because it allows group chats. I haven't tried using the features you have to pay for, but it looks pretty cheap, especially for international calls.
mbonwick, you could just ask your friends for answers to your homework with a normal instant messenger.

I hate mobile phones and don't own one. I wish there was free city-wide Wi-Fi and a free internet telephony service. That would really get people communicating. Instead people have to get mobile phones and some spend far too much time and money texting and calling people, much to the delight of the phone companies. :read:

Daniel

Established Member
Well if you set it up correctly the only people who can call you / speak to you are people you've added to your contact list.

Not annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.