• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow Hill line questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

I've noticed that trains (Especially Chiltern) always slow down when passing the section between Acocks green and Tyseley. Is there speed limit on that particular section?
But then I don't think it's speed limit because I've seen some chiltern trains do pass it at high speed sometimes, could it be signalling?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
When I was passing through the region yesterday I noticed that too. I believe there are works taking place as there were a few workers out there on the track (not at the same time obviously :p) in hi-vis.

On the way back the Chiltern service stopped around Tyseley (the 1208 ex-SOL if anyone has nothing better to do than check ;))

Ascot

Established Member
Might be signals as the line is 70mph to just North of Acocks Green then it goes 75/HST80. It's also 60mph over the crossovers to the Snow Hill line (from the Bordesley Lines) so you'll notice that just north of Tyseley.

Status
Not open for further replies.