• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Software problems - all help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisA

Merry Christmas people!

I got London to Brighton today, but i'm having some problems. I installed it, ran MSTS but it just closed after the opening sequence of "microsoft" and so forth. I installed L - B again and had the same problem. Then i uninstalled it, but MSTS close even without it. I've reinstalled MSTS and virused checked till kingdom come but i can not load MSTS. Any help you be greatly appreciated as it looks a fabulous route, especially after reading Coxster's review.

Thanks people.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
First things first,

Can you please go into this folder -

Code:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\GLOBAL

Now, scroll down until you reach a file called 'tsection.dat'. Open this into wordpad/notepad and a few lines from the top is something along the lines of 'BUILD000000xx'. Please tell me what the numbers 'xx' read. I take it you are running v1.1 of the route (this is labelled on the front of the CD).

ChrisA

Coxster - Thank you very much. I could kiss you!!!!!!! I managed to get it kind of working by deleting other downloaded add ons which seemed to be conflicting with it. Some of the activites work, others don't as they give me that report error message when it gets to the end of loading. I'll download that soon and fingers crossed it'll be fine.

Thanks again - i hope you're having a very merry christmas!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.