• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Solved] Finding out the previous train headcode/'formed stock' of a service as SWR staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis5949

I am SWR staff and am looking for a reliable way to be able to look up what the previous headcode of a train is. Aka 2O69 was previously 2K61. How can I reliably find out that it is 2K61?

Most of the time, the internal app Arrakis shows what the train was previously formed of and what it will be formed to, but that facility seems to be really patchy recently and the information often doesn't show even though the previous train was definitely worked in passenger service

I have looked at the major public track tracking and data websites and some other internal tools, to no avail. I even looked at the train planning part of the intranet (Carraige working notices?) but that confuses me.

Is there a site, internal or external, that I've maybe missed?

Thanks

Apologies if this is in the wrong board, this felt like the best match but meh

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OliverH68

Lewis, the CWNs on the intranet are your best bet. Read them from right to left - it shows arrivals on the right and what service it will form on the left side.

If you need any help, feel free to shout as I work within SWR also :)

FGW_DID

Established Member
I certainly do, I can see previous workings on there?! :o

Yes, if it doesn’t show on the train summary page, go to ‘formation’ and you will see the previous & next working for all the units in the formation.

Lewis5949

Yes, if it doesn’t show on the train summary page, go to ‘formation’ and you will see the previous & next working for all the units in the formation.
Found it! It's in the notes section, interesting and much easier than looking at the CWN's discussed above, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.