• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some questions about railcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys123

1) I bought a 16-25 railcard online a year ago which is now expiring, if I renew it at a station do I need to bring a passport photo with?

2) How likely is it that the 26-30 railcard will be available to anyone in 2 years time?

3) If I were to renew the 16-25 online how do I choose special delivery (as I can't seem to find the option - if I click on change delivery I still can't find an option to choose special delivery) and is special delivery guaranteed to come by this monday if I renew it online today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

[.n]

From the railcard.co.uk site

A:

If you are buying your Railcard online we will despatch it within one working day, and send it free by First Class post. Please allow FIVE working days for your Railcard to arrive.

You have the option of paying £6.50 for our Special Delivery service. Providing you have placed your order before 1600hrs this will guarantee that your Railcard is delivered within two days (Monday to Thursday) or three days (Friday to Sunday).

You will not be able to collect your Railcard from a rail station. We add an extra week’s validity to your Railcard to allow for delivery time.

Given that Monday is a bank holiday I wouldn't count on getting it

Joe Paxton

Established Member
1) I bought a 16-25 railcard online a year ago which is now expiring, if I renew it at a station do I need to bring a passport photo with?

2) How likely is it that the 26-30 railcard will be available to anyone in 2 years time?

3) If I were to renew the 16-25 online how do I choose special delivery (as I can't seem to find the option - if I click on change delivery I still can't find an option to choose special delivery) and is special delivery guaranteed to come by this monday if I renew it online today?

1) Yes you'll need a passport photo for the accompanying photocard.

3) My experience is that railcards ordered online (before say 5pm) are delivered the next day by regular post. No guarantees of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.