• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Something for the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
If anyone fancies doing anything 'non railway' this weekend, the National Trust are offering free entry to the majority of their sites - full details on their (very slow running) website at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/

Although I said 'non railway', George Stehpehnson's birthplace does feature as one of their locations!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I've been to Stephenson's house once before, but this was a nice summer's day and not showers like today. Still, anyone going I very very highly reccomend the Boathouse next to the station and their Sunday lunches. Very highly.

Dai.

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up!

Sounds like a good plan! :)

Phoenix

Established Member
Cheers for the heads up shame shugrbrough hall isn't NT otherwise could have gone photting at the tunnel portal no worries just take my mum else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.