• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South London 18/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I was bored at home, so I did a tour of South London yesterday (also to take my mind off results day on Thursday) The ticket was also good value, £6.10 for a Travelcard Z1-6 (I used a rail voucher, normally it costs £12.20)

I caught the (slightly delayed) 0911 from Twyford calling at all stops, except Southall to London Paddington. It arrived just after 10. Where I caught a busy Bakerloo line train to Waterloo. I ran to Platform 18 to get the 1033 to Waterloo via Richmond & Kingston, formed of a single 455/8. I made it with 1 minute to spare!I got off at Clapham Junction, the second time.

I caught the 1144 Southern service to Sutton, I got off at Crystal Palace. I caught the 1220 service to London Bridge via Tulse Hill (both 455/8s). From London Bridge I got a 376 to Cannon St and the District line to Blackfriars. Where I caught a pair of 319s to Wimbledon via Mitcham Junction.

From Wimbledon I caught a pair of 455/8s to Chessington South and return to Clapham Junction. I caught a 377/4 to Victoria, where I headed for Paddington. Catching the 1706 home (down the fast line, first stop Twyford!)

My Flickr page:https://www.flickr.com/photos/124815061@N05/?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds like you had quite a good day there, and fingers crossed for Results Day! I remember what that was like in 2001, nasty times but the relief when you find out you've done better than hoped is unreal.

Kristofferson

Weirdly enough, I remember the nightmares about my Maths result the night before more than I do the actual results day! It was fine, I got a C... Seems everyone these days gets an A*, mind! I'm also informed the other half did her Maths GSCE aged 13 and got an A... Crazy!

Anyway, I digress. Trains! Had a read and a look through your Flickr, some interesting pics there. The 455/8s always confuse me... Am I on a Desiro or a BR throwback? With those seats, who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.