• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West Trains Station Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete_m911

Does anyone know what flagship South West Station Managers earn? I know the Southeastern SM earns about £32,000 at Charing Cross, just wondered if this was comparable...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
About £40,000 as of about 3-years ago, so more than likely around £45,000 now. Bear in mind Flagship Station Managers aren't just duty station managers (a duty station manager earns around £30,000 with SWT these days). FSMs are managers of the Duty Station managers at large, or Flagship stations. One grade below an area manager. One of SWTs recent campaigns was for a Duty Flagship Station Manager at Waterloo. No either they have duty (more than one )FSMs there due to it's size, or they meant Duty Station Manager in the advert and it was an error.

Last edited:

Monty

Established Member
I would be highly surprised if such a position was advertised externally, I would imagine SWT would look to recruit a Duty Station Manager (DSM) for one of the larger stations first (eg Richmond, Surbiton or Basingstoke etc). Then after sometime had passed a move to a Station Manager (SM) post at a smaller station might be considered (which would actually entail managing a small group of stations). Then a move back to a 'big' station for a Flagship Station Manager (FSM) post would be looked at after the candidate had acquired sufficient experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.