• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Western Railway disruption [11 December 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midmat

Does anyone know why these days were not declared VOID by SWR?

No more void days. Only delay repay. Generally better for occasional travellers, generally worse for season ticket holders.

I've been using Pay As You Go for the past couple of months and I will be getting less than £1 in compensation for a week of delays. (My most delayed journey was 'free' because of a cap so no comp; lots of 12 minute delays; and one off peak 15-30 minute delay =£1)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
Much better to simply terminate/reverse the SWR WoE service at Basingstoke rather than risk the trains/crews getting delayed running up to Waterloo. Any delays to the return working have significant consequences to maintaining the service over the single line between Salisbury/Exeter, disrupting the booked passing points/times.
Last week some of the WoE services were being delayed by up to 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.