• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Yorkshire buses discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
can't wait for the Human League bus :)

Will the cream flash on the roof be asymmetrical and only on the nearside?

Got to be careful with branding, I think that Go Ahead own the branding for Oakey Motor Services!

(sorry, couldn't resist - in all seriousness, whilst I've not seen the subsequent repaints, I like the fact that they are paying attention to the local details - I hope they keep it up and it doesn't become just another one of those well intentioned initiatives that First start on but then lose enthusiasm - we've had a few false dawns in South Yorkshire, where the concept was good but the money ran out)

Pit_buzzer

Yep, I'm worried about how many get painted before they move onto the next new livery but let's hope for the best

BradK2017

each bus has a little theme added, mostly Sheffield related. The 3 buses done so far has snooker, Arctic Monkeys and NHS. I assume that will spread across the fleet until they run out of ideas!

It looks like multiple buses will carry the same theme,as 37427 (YN08 NLL) carries the same snooker balls branding to 36275

Does anyone know if the Gemini 1s that have been repainted are to gain a similar interior referb to the Gemini 2s or will they remain untouched?

_toommm_

Established Member
This is a very niche question but here goes:

I grew up in Whiston and remember the 34 going down into ‘Old Whiston’ i.e. down to the Sitwell pub on request in the late 2000s. Does anyone know if this was official and if it was in the timetable, or whether it was unofficial?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Or Arthur Scargill ?????

Surely that is a job for Stagecoach in Barnsley?

As well as a Human League bus, perhaps we could look forward to a Pulp one with a effortlessly cool Jarvis peering out from the staircase?

Surely that is a job for Stagecoach in Barnsley?

As well as a Human League bus, perhaps we could look forward to a Pulp one with a effortlessly cool Jarvis peering out from the staircase?
EDIT: Beaten to it by the Arctic Monkeys (not my photo)

Not certain about this livery version though. Might be the white fleetname on a cream background though the cream and dark blue treatment is clearly a nod to the old Sheffield Corpy livery

Last edited:

Wolfie

Established Member
Thanks for that.

How uninspiring, for a business that really needs some oomph behind it.
First Essex have obviously had vehicles in from elsewhere in the First empire. From a distance l've seen a Halifax labelled double decker and York labelled single decker over the last two days (in Grays). Sorry but no more info available.

CBlue

First Essex have obviously had vehicles in from elsewhere in the First empire. From a distance l've seen a Halifax labelled double decker and York labelled single decker over the last two days (in Grays). Sorry but no more info available.

Theres another decker running around with "Bristol" fleetnames.
To top it off they now have some 2004 Tridents running around in Barbie 3! Messy isn't the word.

cnjb8

Established Member

To top it off they now have some 2004 Tridents running around in Barbie 3! Messy isn't the word.
Essex have got some of the YJ54/YJ05 First West Yorkshire Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Geminis, two former York B7RLEs and some Tridents from Worcester

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The 2004 Tridents have literally just arrived from Worcester. If there's one thing First Essex are good at, it is repainting fleet out of Barbie that other OpCos haven't got round to in 8 years!

There are a pair of recently arrived ex Bristol ALX B7TLs to support social distancing. They aren't actually bad machines for passengers but agree, it shouldn't take much to remove the Bristol fleetname.

Status
Not open for further replies.