• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Yorkshire Day Tripper tickets, can they be bought on the train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbbminerals

Do Northern sell these on the train? I'm unclear as the SYPTE website says:
Available from:

Travel South Yorkshire Information Centres, Mini-Interchanges, manned train stations, tram conductors, and most bus drivers*.

Whereas NRE says:
Available from the driver or conductor on board.
Tickets are also available through a Travel South Yorkshire Information Centre

So, has anyone done this before/is it possible to buy it on the train? I will most likely be boarding at a station in West Yorks and intend to buy a ticket to the South/West border and also a SY day tripper.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
So, has anyone done this before/is it possible to buy it on the train? I will most likely be boarding at a station in West Yorks and intend to buy a ticket to the South/West border and also a SY day tripper.

Given the number of unstaffed stations in SY, it's entirely possible for a conductor on the train to sell you a Daytripper. They can't sell a Day Travelmaster though, as those require special stock, but you only need a Travelmaster if you're travelling before 09:30 Monday to Friday.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As stated by barrykas, they can definitely be bought on the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.