• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton to IoW Circular

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCub

Hello,

I've tried and failed to get information out of Red Funnel for this so wonder if anyone here could help?

I want to go from Southampton to Cowes. I would like to go on the Red Jet to the IoW but return as a foot passenger on the slower ferry.

Is this permitted and what ticket would I need?

I'd be starting either at London Waterloo (and have a Gold Card), or from Southampton, doing the whole trip in one day on a Saturday.

Any offers, please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
There was an article from Barry Doe in a recent issue of Rail about the Southampton - Cowes tickets. I believe he said that Red Funnel will accept a ticket to "Cowes West by Red Jet" on the ferry from Cowes East as you've paid a higher price.

I shall try and dig out the article if I kept the magazine

Lrd

Established Member
Yep all foot tickets are valid on the East Cowes car ferry but only tickets to West Cowes are valid on the Red Jet

(I used to work for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.