• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton Town Quay

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this - I was unsure where to post. How well signposted is the walking route from Southampton Central railway station to the Town Quay? I know there is the bus service for a quid (I presume it is free only for Red Funnel passengers and not the Hythe Ferry), but assuming it isn't abysmal weather I shall prefer to walk.

Thanks in advance for the gen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Cant say whether there are any signs, but I'd leave the station via the down side entrance, and follow the crowd round the back of Toys R Us, and follow the pedestrian route through the middle of their car park in the general direction of the John Lewis entrance to the West Quay complex. As you get to John Lewis's entrance , just stay on that pavement heading generally in a south east ish direction and you'll eventually come out in sight of the vehicle ferry terminal, walk past that and you're at Town Quay. That way you'll basically stay at ground level all the way.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'v been to Southampton quite a few times and I don't recall seeing any signs. That doesn't mean there aren't any because I'm not very good at noticing things!

The route given by swt_passenger seems a very sensible one to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.