• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton via Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_two

On Sunday I need to travel from Oxford to Southampton (Airport). I currently hold a valid return ticket from Hertford - Southampton.

Would it be possible for me to buy an (advance) single from Oxford to Reading, and then use my existing Hertford - Southampton ticket for the rest of the journey from Reading - Southampton?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
On Sunday I need to travel from Oxford to Southampton (Airport). I currently hold a valid return ticket from Hertford - Southampton.

Would it be possible for me to buy an (advance) single from Oxford to Reading, and then use my existing Hertford - Southampton ticket for the rest of the journey from Reading - Southampton?

Yes - if your existing ticket is a normal 'any permitted' via London.

Paddington - Reading - Basingstoke - Southampton is a perfectly valid route between London and Southampton - I use it regularly, with XC and FGW changing at Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.