• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern and Thameslink engineering 2016 TT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Bit of a long shot has anyone got, or know where I can get, engineering work timetables for Southeastern or Thameslink dated 2016? I'm not needing working timetables just public leaflets or any document that has the timings.

I've seen details on Gensheet where Thameslink terminates at Blackfriars, and Southeastern diverted via Denmark Hill with Herne Hill shut, but I don't know how that affects departure or arrival times from Victoria, there is a realtimetrains sample link, but of course the link is well expired.

Interested to know of any other works in that year, just trying to do something for train sim especially any diversions.

If anyone has any of these timetables I'd happily purchase one or if you don't wish to sell any photocopies or pictures would be highly appreciated. Or if anyone knows where I may be able to get a copy, I've tried Ebay but nothing on there.

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
N
Hello all,

Bit of a long shot has anyone got, or know where I can get, engineering work timetables for Southeastern or Thameslink dated 2016? I'm not needing working timetables just public leaflets or any document that has the timings.

I've seen details on Gensheet where Thameslink terminates at Blackfriars, and Southeastern diverted via Denmark Hill with Herne Hill shut, but I don't know how that affects departure or arrival times from Victoria, there is a realtimetrains sample link, but of course the link is well expired.

Interested to know of any other works in that year, just trying to do something for train sim especially any diversions.

If anyone has any of these timetables I'd happily purchase one or if you don't wish to sell any photocopies or pictures would be highly appreciated. Or if anyone knows where I may be able to get a copy, I've tried Ebay but nothing on there.

James.
Not directly relevant, but there was a period (80s-90s?) when the Catford Loop services were diverted to Victoria on Sundays (and Saturdays). From memory it was 9min to Denmark Hill (you could use the current timetable as there are trains that do that anyway).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
N

Not directly relevant, but there was a period (80s-90s?) when the Catford Loop services were diverted to Victoria on Sundays (and Saturdays). From memory it was 9min to Denmark Hill (you could use the current timetable as there are trains that do that anyway).

Interesting, just a thought I suspect it wouldn't be too unrealistic to divert a service booked via Herne Hill, but have a Track Circuit Failure locked across from Platform 4 at Herne Hill towards Sutton thus blocking the lines to and from Victoria, so having to divert from Shortlands Jn to Brixton Jn via Catford and Denmark Hill? Would be on the appropriate route knowledge card? Or would that be unrealistic?

Veteran Member
Interesting, just a thought I suspect it wouldn't be too unrealistic to divert a service booked via Herne Hill, but have a Track Circuit Failure locked across from Platform 4 at Herne Hill towards Sutton thus blocking the lines to and from Victoria, so having to divert from Shortlands Jn to Brixton Jn via Catford and Denmark Hill? Would be on the appropriate route knowledge card? Or would that be unrealistic?
Diverting via the Loop is routine. Every crew would sign it, surely?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

I remember there being a particularly disruptive track circuit failure at Herne Hill at some point in the last decade; whether it route locked the junction I don’t know though. The scenario you describe is certainly conceivable.

AIUI all southeastern crew who sign via Herne Hill also sign via Catford. The issue is the Thameslink trains - there was a plan to have all the TL drivers sign from Croydon / Strreathams via Balham, Clapham Jn, Pouparts, Longhedge, Factory, Shepherds Lane and Canterbury Road Jn’s to Loughborough Jn. I think about half the drivers were done before it was realised to be a waste of money.

Veteran Member
Memory says that if BFR-HNH-Tulse Hill is blocked, TL would run into London Br (Central side) - or would SN provide a Wimbledon Loop service instead?
Either way, not involving SE lines.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
N

They did that well into my time. I think that only stopped around 10 years ago.

westcoaster

Established Member
I remember there being a particularly disruptive track circuit failure at Herne Hill at some point in the last decade; whether it route locked the junction I don’t know though. The scenario you describe is certainly conceivable.

AIUI all southeastern crew who sign via Herne Hill also sign via Catford. The issue is the Thameslink trains - there was a plan to have all the TL drivers sign from Croydon / Strreathams via Balham, Clapham Jn, Pouparts, Longhedge, Factory, Shepherds Lane and Canterbury Road Jn’s to Loughborough Jn. I think about half the drivers were done before it was realised to be a waste of money.
Only Brighton based drivers learnt the route via Clapham junction.

Also a limited number of driver's learnt Herne hill to London Victoria (I was one), but this was allowed to lapse sometime in 2018/2019.

Orpington drivers now sign into London Victoria via both Herne Hill and/or Denmark Hill.

clagmonster

Established Member
The issue is the Thameslink trains - there was a plan to have all the TL drivers sign from Croydon / Strreathams via Balham, Clapham Jn, Pouparts, Longhedge, Factory, Shepherds Lane and Canterbury Road Jn’s to Loughborough Jn. I think about half the drivers were done before it was realised to be a waste of money.

Only Brighton based drivers learnt the route via Clapham junction.
Do said drivers still have knowledge of the route via Clapham? I recall it being used a few times for the overnight services during the London Bridge rebuild.

Do any GTR drivers sign both Tulse Hill - London Bridge and 700s to allow a Wimbledon loop service if Herne Hill is unavailable?

westcoaster

Established Member
Do said drivers still have knowledge of the route via Clapham? I recall it being used a few times for the overnight services during the London Bridge rebuild.

Do any GTR drivers sign both Tulse Hill - London Bridge and 700s to allow a Wimbledon loop service if Herne Hill is unavailable?
Yes both Bedford and Cricklewood drivers have the required knowledge via Peckham Rye and London bridge.

All route knowledge via Clapham has now ceased after London bridge reopened. Was only used as you say for overnight diversions

Status
Not open for further replies.