• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Jams!

Doesn’t anybody on this thread happen to be having an induction in Ramsgate SE Depot next week Monday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hammerk

I have my DMI tomorrow for Ashford. Anyone any info on timescales if I am successful? Been in the pool for a while, wondering how long medical would be after and when the course would start

Zuko

Any Victoria drivers here? Could you give me an idea of what the rest day pattern is please?

bionic

Any Victoria drivers here? Could you give me an idea of what the rest day pattern is please?

I'm not a Victoria driver, but there is no pattern as such. Sundays inside, 4 day week. Work more weekends than not.

bionic

No, its not a 4 week rota... without looking i can't tell you exactly how many lines it is. There are two links at Victoria. New drivers go into link 2 and link 1 is filled from link 2 on seniority as link 1 drivers leave.

Say the number of lines in link 2 is about 40 (I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct this), everyone drops down a line each week. Rest day patterns change on each line but generally you will do one week early, one week late. When there is a timetable change the whole rest day pattern may, or may not, change.

SE have sundays inside the week so the repeating 3 week rest day pattern common on other TOCs who have sundays outside is not possible.

Zuko

No, its not a 4 week rota... without looking i can't tell you exactly how many lines it is. There are two links at Victoria. New drivers go into link 2 and link 1 is filled from link 2 on seniority as link 1 drivers leave.

Say the number of lines in link 2 is about 40 (I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct this), everyone drops down a line each week. Rest day patterns change on each line but generally you will do one week early, one week late. When there is a timetable change the whole rest day pattern may, or may not, change.

SE have sundays inside the week so the repeating 3 week rest day pattern common on other TOCs who have sundays outside is not possible.
Ok that's interesting thanks for all the information much appreciated.

ComUtoR

Established Member
3 links at Vic

26/24/18 (68) and they are looking to increase to 100. Hence all the recruitment for Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.