• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Motion on board entertainment system

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
I got an email from Southeastern this afternoon to let know about their brand new on board entertainment system Southeastern Motion. Apparently they have been rolling out the entertainment system since mid October although this is the first I have heard of it. It appears to be similar to the one Virgin have on board their trains

I am looking forward to watching Amazon Prime in particular.

What does everyone think?

Se Motion runs from our on-board WiFi and is completely free to use. Plus, as the content is carried on the train it’s not affected by poor reception in tunnels.

Let us keep you informed and entertained with our range of great content including your favourite TV shows, podcasts, e-Books, magazines, news and much more.

It’s easy to access.

Hop onboard, connect to Southeastern_WiFi, or type semotion.co.uk into your browser if you’re already connected.

We are the first transport operator in the UK to offer Amazon Prime shows and Kobo books to our passengers. It's another way in which we’re continuing to invest in our service to provide you with better journeys.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co....ail&utm_campaign=se_motion&utm_content=160119

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Metal_gee_man

It's awful, limited and barely works but ya know... Its free if you can get it to work

FlippyFF

Its been available for a couple of months. Its not full Amazon prime but a limited selection (encouraging you to join Amazon if you're not already a member to complete the box set you've been watching).

I think the URL works even if you're not on a train but obviously some content won't be available:

southeastern-media.on.icomera.com

HTH

Simon

IceAgeComing

I had major issues getting my iphone to actually connect to the wi-fi: and when it does is barely seems to work - I don't use the stuff that they have available the actual internet access is unreliable an incredibly slow when the train is empty and entirely unusable with any load on the train. Not quite as bad as LNER wifi in my experience; but its close!

Apparently the actual content on it is stored on the train and not streamed from the internet so if the internet dies then it carries on working - although that probably means that the content is never updated!

jon0844

Veteran Member
I had major issues getting my iphone to actually connect to the wi-fi: and when it does is barely seems to work - I don't use the stuff that they have available the actual internet access is unreliable an incredibly slow when the train is empty and entirely unusable with any load on the train. Not quite as bad as LNER wifi in my experience; but its close!

Apparently the actual content on it is stored on the train and not streamed from the internet so if the internet dies then it carries on working - although that probably means that the content is never updated!

It will be updated but only at certain intervals. Given it's an add-on feature of the Icomera mobile data/Wi-Fi offering, you'd assume that updated content can be delivered over 4G so it doesn't need to wait until the train is back at a depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.