• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern pre employment medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi!

I have been offered a job and given a start date with southeastern on the condition that I pass my medical. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from my D&A test, is this normal?

I had my medical on a wednesday and I had gone out drinking the saturday night before, could this affect my results?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi!

I have been offered a job and given a start date with southeastern on the condition that I pass my medical. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from my D&A test, is this normal?

I had my medical on a wednesday and I had gone out drinking the saturday night before, could this affect my results?
Typically TOCs tend not to say whether you’ve passed, they just send you a formal offer. This could be a few weeks depending on the company.

ComUtoR

Established Member

4 days to sober up is a more than considerable amount of time to sober up. At 1 unit per hour (96 units) you would probably be dead if you consumed that amount of alcohol. Drugs however.....

Which Depot ?

Twotwo

4 days to sober up is a more than considerable amount of time to sober up. At 1 unit per hour (96 units) you would probably be dead if you consumed that amount of alcohol. Drugs however.....

Unless it's a woman then it would be 1.5 hours per unit ;)

Typically TOCs tend not to say whether you’ve passed, they just send you a formal offer. This could be a few weeks depending on the company.

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully it's not too much longer so I have time to resign from my current job

Last edited:

Which Depot ?

Haha I thought so, I was just worrying myself.

Charing cross depot

ComUtoR

Established Member
Let me know if you get a March course. There is a course due in Jan for Charing Cross Trainees

Hammerk

Does anyone know if there is one coming up for Ashford? I have been in the pool for a while

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Congrats, lots of Charing X drivers starting in next few months!

JammyJames08

Does anyone know if there is one coming up for Ashford? I have been in the pool for a while

Probably not, a colleague of mine has put in a transfer to Ashford and he was told "mid-2021" however man power plans are always changing!

Status
Not open for further replies.