• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - Shunter Driver - London & Kent Depots (15/07/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Out of intrest have SE progressed any depot drivers up to mainline in the last 5 years. I'm aware ofc that there is no automatic progression etc, just curious.

DA1

Out of intrest have SE progressed any depot drivers up to mainline in the last 5 years. I'm aware ofc that there is no automatic progression etc, just curious.
Numerous including myself have gone mainline after even as little as 2 years. As you said it’s not an auto progression and requires an application for a trainee driver position.

Samzino

Numerous including myself have gone mainline after even as little as 2 years. As you said it’s not an auto progression and requires an application for a trainee driver position.
Ah so there is still the somewhat internal moves. That is lovely funny enough I just came across your Username looking thru some old posts for info and your previous post mentioned your start in the role in July. You've done quite well. Many Thanks

Samzino

Has anyone heard back from this Campaign? Or Sat the Assessments if on that stage?, Thanks

JWS

I passed the assessment centre back in April, still awaiting DMI dates

JWS

I was told they were organising depo interviews. However I just fire a monthly email for any updates and it seems to be just no date for DMIs at Slade green yet.

Samzino

I was told they were organising depo interviews. However I just fire a monthly email for any updates and it seems to be just no date for DMIs at Slade green yet.
Ok I see. I'll probs email them myself about the assessments

Grvrdvicdr

No vacancies there atm, so you’re likely in a pool. They’ve just taken on a few

JWS

No vacancies there atm, so you’re likely in a pool. They’ve just taken on a few
Yeh I think your right, I would be open to other depos but all TOCs seem so strict on travel times!

@Samzino it’s the standard tests, computer tests then paper n pencil group bourdon etc.

Grvrdvicdr

Yeh I think your right, I would be open to other depos but all TOCs seem so strict on travel times!

@Samzino it’s the standard tests, computer tests then paper n pencil group bourdon etc.
Most the time shunter drivers go on to be drivers so then it’s just a waiting game for them to start a course for drivers, have shunters go on them then open it up to new shunters

Samzino

Most the time shunter drivers go on to be drivers so then it’s just a waiting game for them to start a course for drivers, have shunters go on them then open it up to new shunters
That's pretty good news.

So with SE I'm sure they also do VSE with these.

JWS

got my email today to finally book onto a DMI !

@Samzino the visual search test I did was 20 images on the comp where it disappears after 1.5 seconds and u state what you saw.
Other computer tests on the day was joystick navigating around a track and watching the black square for 30mins flickering grey.

Hope this helps.

Grvrdvicdr

That's pretty good news.

So with SE I'm sure they also do VSE with these.
I believe VSE is only for trainee driver roles not shunter

got my email today to finally book onto a DMI !

@Samzino the visual search test I did was 20 images on the comp where it disappears after 1.5 seconds and u state what you saw.
Other computer tests on the day was joystick navigating around a track and watching the black square for 30mins flickering grey.

Hope this helps.
That wouldn’t have been the VSE, that was more a memory one.

JWS

No they don’t require VSE, I also attended trainee train driver position in October 2022, the tests are identical.
I thought VSE was for advanced which SE doesn’t require

Grvrdvicdr

Trainee driver for SE certainly require VSE and it’s enhanced standard too. VSE was the final assessment before doing MMI the same day

Samzino

I see I was wondering that because someone did mention this was the disparity between enhanced at GA and enhanced at SE.

JWS

I personally sat VSE with GA but was part of the screening process before the assessment centre.

I’ve been the entire process with SE and haven’t had to sit VSE at any point.

Samzino

I've noticed my application has changed slightly to mention the depot near Hastings.

Status
Not open for further replies.