• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern 377 at Tonbridge Wells 23/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ministry

I was surprised to see an 8 car train (I think it was 2 x 4 class 377) Southern train waiting outside Tunbridge Wells station yesterday at around 17:40. Does anyone know what it was doing there? Was it running a South Eastern service or was it on diversion due to the problems on the Brighton Mainline?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
I was surprised to see an 8 car train (I think it was 2 x 4 class 377) Southern train waiting outside Tunbridge Wells station yesterday at around 17:40. Does anyone know what it was doing there? Was it running a South Eastern service or was it on diversion due to the problems on the Brighton Mainline?

They ran a service to Brighton via Hastings using SET drivers part of the way. Nice bit of cooperation.

The train was 1Z69 London Bridge - Brighton calling at Hastings, Bexhill, Eastbourne, Polegate, Lewes.

Don't know what stock it was tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.