• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Daysave... on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
In my infinite wisdom I've just remembered I need to buy this ticket at least 3 days in advance, and I'm off to London tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can buy it on the day anywhere, or if there are any sneaky tips for it to be issued at the station when it shouldn't be?

Cheers as always folks:)

EDIT: I've seen you can buy it from a few Tourist Information Centres, but they're quite far out of Central London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
In my infinite wisdom I've just remembered I need to buy this ticket at least 3 days in advance, and I'm off to London tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can buy it on the day anywhere, or if there are any sneaky tips for it to be issued at the station when it shouldn't be?

Cheers as always folks:)

EDIT: I've seen you can buy it from a few Tourist Information Centres, but they're quite far out of Central London.

What journeys are you thinking of doing with it?

cactustwirly

Established Member
I was using it purely to do the Southern Network. Victoria to Brighton, the Seaford Branch, Bognor Regis and Littlehampton etc

Well you could get a London Terminals to Bognor Regis ticket, this is valid via Brighton, plus returns from Brighton - Seaford and Ford - Littlehampton. If you can't get a daysave in time?

_toommm_

Established Member
Well you could get a London Terminals to Bognor Regis ticket, this is valid via Brighton, plus returns from Brighton - Seaford and Ford - Littlehampton. If you can't get a daysave in time?

Thanks! I'm not all too familiar with that area so wasn't sure on tickets. I'll have a look at those tonight.

paul1609

Established Member
Think Daysave is a promotion thats deliberately not available at stations or in the London area because it undercuts even a basic London to Brighton Cheap Day Return by a tenner. If it was available on the day at Victoria for instance and you asked for a return to Brighton I think they would be obliged to sell you the cheaper Daysave Ticket. As in the South East leisure tickets in to the capital have always been much cheaper than the same journey out, selling them on the day in a few seaside towns tics isn't really a problem. The evening peak restrictions from London effectively mean that for a customer from the south coast they are more akin to the Super Off Peak Day return anyway.

JB_B

Established Member

London Terminals to Bognor will cover travel via Littlehampton and via Lewes so you'd just need to add a day return Lewes-Seaford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.