• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane_lewis

After going back and forth in my head whether to get a new job in the rail world and leave a struggling family business that im 10 years into. i have decided to apply for whats available on the southern website. Rev Inspector and a station role in caterham.

I have passed all my driver assessments as-well last year with southern, but was pipped at the post in the interviews. and it looks like i have missed this years intake of trainee drivers :roll:

still i will take anything at the mo and work my way up. i really need a change now and working with my father every day is doing neither of us any good.

my question is. they say early and late shifts only, i have never worked shifts before, but i do work what i consider long hours, (around 53) what times are these shifts?

many thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB25

After going back and forth in my head whether to get a new job in the rail world and leave a struggling family business that im 10 years into. i have decided to apply for whats available on the southern website. Rev Inspector and a station role in caterham.

I have passed all my driver assessments as-well last year with southern, but was pipped at the post in the interviews. and it looks like i have missed this years intake of trainee drivers :roll:

still i will take anything at the mo and work my way up. i really need a change now and working with my father every day is doing neither of us any good.

my question is. they say early and late shifts only, i have never worked shifts before, but i do work what i consider long hours, (around 53) what times are these shifts?

many thanks for any help.

Not sure what times they will be but certainly not as early or late as drivers or conductors. The station staff I imagine (and I know all the staff there pretty well) must start around 5am or so on Earlies probably until 12-1pm. And lates I imagine probably working until 12:30-01:00. That is a rough guess. I think they normally have two shifts there... So possibly 06:00-15:00 and 15:00-00:00 but again I don't totally know but it should give you a rough idea. They normally have two guys on at a time too.

insane_lewis

Not sure what times they will be but certainly not as early or late as drivers or conductors. The station staff I imagine (and I know all the staff there pretty well) must start around 5am or so on Earlies probably until 12-1pm. And lates I imagine probably working until 12:30-01:00. That is a rough guess. I think they normally have two shifts there... So possibly 06:00-15:00 and 15:00-00:00 but again I don't totally know but it should give you a rough idea. They normally have two guys on at a time too.

cool thank you very much? i guess you work for southern?

JB25

Yes I do. They get some stick but I really like working for them. I don't know anyone on Revenue Protection but all the chaps I know at Caterham are top guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.