• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Rainy Day Refund Process Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPS

Established Member
I sent several forms off for refund at the end of July and still no action. Southern don't seem to respond via their only contact thingy?

How long do they take in other people's experiences?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

embers25

Established Member
My last one took almost an month but they did acknowledge that refunds were being delayed and that it would take longer than usual. I still fail to see the need for the refund system they use for the guarantee as if you haven't picked up the tickets there is no possibility of fraud so why can't they just immediately refund your credit/debit card?

RJ

Established Member
I sent off one refund form towards the end of July. Last week, I received an acknowledgment through the post saying it had received on the 25th July. Still not got my money back yet.

taxidave

I have had a completely different experience with FGW who I wrote to last Thursday 4th August explaining that due to an accident I would be unable to use my advance tickets for four journeys I had booked in August.
I have since received full refunds for these trips all paid directly into my bank account during the last few days.
Well done FGW !!:D:D

radamfi

Established Member
They claim to not store the card number so you need to tell them what it is. Seems weird considering that other businesses have no problem refunding the original card several months after purchase, e.g. airlines when they change the flight times.

I have also been waiting for several weeks and have also received a letter saying there will be a delay.

island

Veteran Member
Airlines are a special case because they have wildly different rules about how their credit card processing works.

radamfi

Established Member
Perhaps they could have allow the customer to input the new card numbers on the web, to avoid the administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.