• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern - starting as trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I start my training with southern soon and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of the best stuff to start learning in advance especially for the initial 3 months of the training?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sonkicks

Nothing it’s better to learn it correctly and their way than have to relearn something you learned incorrectly, you could learn the phonetic alphabet tho just be prepared to learn

vikingdriver

Hi,

I start my training with southern soon and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of the best stuff to start learning in advance especially for the initial 3 months of the training?

Thanks
Just enjoy the rest before a hectic and intense 12 months or so.

Sly Sloth

Hi,

Thanks
Don’t try to learn anything. You’ll be taught what, why and how to do

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
The only thing you could possibly learn is the phonetic alphabet before you start (if you don’t already know it).

Otherwise sit back and relax! The driver course is an intense 12 month training programme and will cover absolutely everything you need to know.

2002Im

Hi,

Thanks
I'm starting in August.. guessing your on the same course??

Pilotman

The first thing you will learn is PTS, try not to jump ahead into operational rules as your trainer will guide you through this in a structured way. If you wanted to get the heads up on PTS, there is a free module on the following link. There are other rule modules but I would stick to PTS first. Hope this helps and this PTS helped me and is very thorough.

https://uktrainingsolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.